Sunday, January 29, 2006

I Liked these Guests

My parents entertained a family of four to dinner at their house today.

Upon entering, the wife offered to remove her shoes. My mother declined this offer (silly mummy) and the woman and her daughter proceeded in with their shoes on. Then the husband and his son entered and also offered to take their shoes off. My father replied "Thanks, that would be appreciated." I was a little surprised by his saying this. The woman and her daughter noticed this and removed their shoes.

Maybe there is hope that British etiquette will change. It was beautiful to see a line of shoes by the door.

We enjoyed a meal of Beef Casserole with New Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts and Sweetcorn. We had a Plum Crumble for dessert with Custard.

The guests were from my parents Church. They were very Charismatic in theology, but were quite lovely.

6 comments:

Redeemed said...

Loving the template, Matthew.

I do feel "comfi" visiting this blog. Now all I need is hot chocolate. It's cold over here today. Yesterday was very nice, and today, not only is it cold, but we're excepting lots of snow!

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I am glad you like it, Sarah.

If I ever move somewhere with a harsh winter like Cananda or Finland, I would have to get used to the weather.

God Bless

Matthew

Redeemed said...

Youl would also have to get used to hockey mania.

I really stink at sports, don't watch any of it, don't understand any of it, but hockey playoffs are seriously addictive, and some of the best hockey players are from Finland...oh and Canada of course ;)

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Yes, Finns are crazy about Ice Hockey.

In Britain, Ice Hockey is not regarded as a 'proper' sport. It is thought to be a game for girls to watch. It has become popular with families who would not want to take their children to an aggressive football match.

I really hate sports.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

Redeemed said...

Lol, that's too funny!!!

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Yes, I suppose it is.

God Bless