Monday, March 27, 2006

Stewardship

I believe there is an issue of stewardship here.

All that we have is a gift from God. We may enjoy our posessions, but we do need to give account to the Lord of how we have used them.

Carpet cleaning services are necessary to keep homes really clean, but they are very expensive. Replacing carpets costs even more. Having a shoes-off policy considerably reduces the need for maintaining carpets and other kinds of flooring. Therefore, as stewards of God's gifts, I would suggest that Christians ought to strongly consider the benefits of having a shoes-off policy in their homes.

Clean homes can also be more effectively used in the service of the Kingdom. Homes can be put to so many uses; entertaining visiting speakers, providing shelter for those who need it, hosting fellowship meetings (I think a good case can be made for holding all assembly meetings in homes) and Church lunches.

5 comments:

Redeemed said...

Good point, Matthew.

I think you say it best in your profile, cleanliness is next to godliness.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks a lot, Sarah.

Carey said...

Yes, he should put that in his profile. *chuckle*

Itinérante said...

On Good Friday in my Church they throw flowers around. The church could not afford cleaning serviced so one year I had the chance and the blessing to clean the church on Saturday to prepare it for Easter and I cried! The shoes people wore crushed the roses petals and the floor was so badly stained and it was one beautiful type or old Church floor... It took really all day with strong arms of three of us to be able to clean it... I wish they tell people to keep their shoes off...

Matthew Celestis said...

I'm sure it would make a lot of difference.