Thursday, March 09, 2006

This Week's NATIONAL ETIQUETTE AWARD goes to... China!

China (PRC) page in Wikipedia

China Internet Information Centre

China Today

World Factbook: China

I hereby grant the National Etiquette Award to China, as it is customary to remove shoes when entering homes in that country.

This one was a bit obvious, as my parents are currently on holiday in China. I had some great discussion with my fellow bloggers about the future of China on my other blog recently.

China is the country that everybody is talking about at the moment. Its economy is doing very well. Some people think this will continue and that China will come to domminate the global economy. Personally, I am rather sceptical about this. I think the idea of China outgrowing the USA is a Left-wing fantasy.

The Church in China is growing, but it suffers fierce persecution. For more information about the persecuted Church worldwide visit:

Barnabas Fund

Open Doors International

3 comments:

Redeemed said...

I guess it was obvious, but I didn't think about it. I was anxious to find out who you granted the award to. Yeah for China!!!

Matthew, I wish you could meet our missionary to China. He comes every summer to give us an update. He explains how he witnesses to the Chinese people...

It's so interesting, he witnesses to them out of their own alphabet. Their own alphabet tells the story of God, the garden, sin and the perfect sacrifice of the Lamb of God to redeem the people.

I'm going to scan this paper he gave us (I keep it in my Bible) and send it to you. Do you have e-mail???? You will love this!

Sarah

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks for visiting.

Redeemed said...

Lol, you're funny.

Fine, maybe I'll put it up on my post this weekend.