Saturday, June 10, 2006

Properly equipped for carpet protection

My new apartment has very light colored carpet that was installed earlier this week and my roommate and I agreed that we should endeavor to keep it looking as nice as possible. We will therefore graciously enforce a shoes off rule. In order to facilitate such a request easily, I purchased a shoe rack to go by the front door. This is useful for a few reasons. We can keep shoes that we wear most often by the door for easy access and allow a place for guests to place their shoes. It will also help maintain a much neater look than just piling shoes by the door. It was not expensive and will provide excellent assistance to our efforts to maintain clean floors and a neat apartment.

4 comments:

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Excellent stuff.

It looks much better than our naff wire rack that we never use. The shoes just fall straight off it if we do.

God Bless

Matthew

The IBEX Scribe said...

Thanks. I opted for the shelves for exactly that reason. I want the shoes to stay on!

Redeemed said...

Very nice, Angie, your rack will come in very handy during winter. Tust me on this one!

The IBEX Scribe said...

Thanks, Sarah. I know it will come in handy during the winter. Winter is harsh on floors because of all of the salt from the roads that ends up on shoes and then everywhere that shoes go. It will be quite useful for the rest of the year, though, as it rains so much here.