Thursday, June 29, 2006

Take Off Your Shoes by Michael Griffiths

I obtained an old book entitled 'Take off your Shoes' by Michael Griffiths, which was published by OMF in the Seventies. It is about missionary work in Japan.

I saw this book six years ago,in the secondhand section of a Christian bookshop. I did not buy it, but it did make me contemplate the thought of being a missionary in Japan. I managed to find a secondhand copy on the internet whcih I received today.

Being written in the Seventies, it is probably out of date, but I feel I would really like to read it.

2 comments:

The IBEX Scribe said...

It sounds like something you might enjoy!

I went to a friend's apartment last night. I walked in and didn't make it more than a few steps before I had to take off my shoes. She didn't tell me to, but I just did not feel right walking around inside with shoes on. It was at that moment that I knew that I had really trained myself well!

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

That is interesting. I do not feel comfortable wearing shoes in somebody's house. However, because of British norms, I do not feel comfortable taking mine off unless asked to do so (which never happens) or unless other people do so. I do not think I would take my shoes off if everybody in the house had their shoes on.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew