Saturday, April 28, 2007

Martha Stewart supports Shoes-Off Rule

Martha Stewart is not very well known over here in the UK. Back at the time of her incarceration, not many British people even knew who she was.

Nevertheless it is nice to know that a famous domestic goddess like her is in favour of shoes being removed at the door.

You can visit her website, Martha Stewart Living

There are some carpet care tips, naturally including advice to institute a no-shoes rule.

In the list of allergy protection advice for gardeners, she recommends havign a separate pair of gardening shoes and keeping them outside.

To disappoint fans of Sex in the City, those holding a baby shower are recommended to ask guests to leave their shoes at the door.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I love Martha Stewart!

Are you a fan of "Sex in the City"?

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

'Are you a fan of "Sex in the City"?'

Certainly not. Never seen an episode. But I am aware of an episode in which a charcter is asked to remove her shoes at a baby shower, during which those very expensive shoes are stolen.

God Bless

Matthew

richyrich said...

I've read the relevant parts of the website that you pointed us to and Martha Stewart comes out quite strongly in favour of "shoes off" policies doesn't she? It's always encouraging to see someone well known with influence endorsing it, you never know how many people could be encouraged to think about its obvious benefits.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

There is another page on the subject here:

Off with their shoes

Dawn said...

I'm glad to hear it, Matthew. I didn't think you would be a fan of such a show, but thought I'd better ask to know for sure.

I was once speaking to a friend about all the smut on tv and that I was appalled that even some Christians watched "Desperate Housewives." And she admitted that she watches it. (I don't know if she still does.) I was shocked to learn this. Too sad.

richyrich said...

While we are on the subject of TV dramas and soaps, have you ever seen any other one (apart from the one of Sex and the City that has been discussed)where any of the characters have "shoes off" homes?

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Richyrich, when I was 12 or 13, I recall seeing an episode of the Australian soap 'Home and Away' in which a character started got a new carpet and started asking friends to remove their shoes. However, his girlfriend asked some guests to dinner party to remvoe their shoes when he would have made an exception for them.

I recall an episode of the radio soap, 'The Archers' where again, a character got a new carpet and at least wanted her husband and possibly others to remove their shoes.

Cannot think of any others.

I am glad to say I do not watch a lot of television.

God Bless

Matthew