Saturday, June 02, 2007


I visited Pershore Abbey today. Again, I started getting really bad hayfever. No doubt most of the pollen in the building was brought in on visitors shoes.

Gojirah was absolutely right that it makes a difference.


Jim Swindle said...

Two thoughts about your hay fever: First, if a person gets a bad attack, there's often another (delayed) reaction, about 24 hours later.
Second, many people who are allergic to pollen are also allergic to dust, to molds, and to cats. It's quite possible that one of those things was a major trigger.
Incidentally, I get hay fever from smelling popcorn, and once had a dangerous reaction to a release of butterflies at a wedding reception.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I would not dispute those things.

I know I am not allergic to cats and if I have a dust allergy it is certainly not a bad one.

Reducing exposure to dust and pollen is not a bad idea and a shoes-off policy should help in that.

God Bless