Friday, September 28, 2007

This house is now a Shoe-Free Zone (almost)

My parents have now moved into their apartment down south. I am now the sole caretaker of the house until it sells.

I want to keep the place really clean, so while I am in charge here, shoes come off at the door.

However, my parents will be back from time to time and it is still their house, so technically this is not a proper shoe-less household. I may be getting a lodger soon and I hope she will be agreeable about removing her shoes.

Of course, how many visitors I get depends on how many I invite.

I am holding an "housewarming-up party" soon. I mentioned below that I stated 'Shoes off' on the invitations.

6 comments:

richyrich said...

Good luck with your shoes off policy. Please keep us posted about how it all goes, particularly the housewarming party (i.e. how the shoes off request goes down with guests) and also your new lodger if she does move in.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks.

So far none of the people I have invited have mentioned it. But only a few people have replied to my invitations. I am a little disapoined not to get a more positive response.

God Bless

Matthew

richyrich said...

Could you please let us know how the party goes when it's been and how did your guests all take to actually taking their shoes off there. Also does your would be lodger already know of your shoes off rule?

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I certainly will let you know about the party.

A couple yesterday said to me at the prayer meeting 'We're packing our slippers to come to your party.'

The possible lodger does not know. I will ask her if she comes.

The lady visited while my parents were here. She did not take her shoes off and I think my parents had their shoes on at the time. Not the best start.

God Bless

Matthew

richyrich said...

The lady visited while my parents were here. She did not take her shoes off and I think my parents had their shoes on at the time. Not the best start.

You will have to point out to her that as you're now responsible for the house and for keeping it clean etc, you're entitled to make your own rules.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Quite so.

She seems a pleasent lady so I am sure she will not mind.