Thursday, August 07, 2008

On the train

I tend to remove my shoes during long train journeys, for the sake of comfort. That is not something that many people do here in the UK. I expect some people would regard it as anti-social.

I was pleased to find on the way back from London today, that I was sat next to a young man who had removed his shoes.

Interestingly, although he was wearing sneakers without socks, I could not smell anything offensive. I think people do exagerrate how much feet tend to smell.

2 comments:

Rita Martinez said...

I think a nice solution for all of those people scared that their feet might be too stinky for them to take their shoes off for example at your place, would be to plug an Air Wick somewhere near the area you've separated for shoes to be on, AND place a febreze right next to it, possibly on the floor so the person might have the option of spraying some on their socks and/or shoes...or do you think that perhaps might be doubly offensive??

by the way, reason #37.
The best one! lol! :P
"37. Do you really think the Saints in Glory are going to trample the sparkling, clean New Jerusalem with shoes on?"

Celestial Fundie said...

Rita, I am glad you like reason 37.

Thanks for the suggestions.