Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crocs

One debate that gets just as hgeated as the debate about asking people to remove shoes is the debate about Crocs.

Some people love Crocs because they are comfy. Other people despise them because they are so unstylish.

I suppose I have taken sides because I got myself a pair of Crocs recently. They really are comfy. You feel like you are not wearing shoes at all.

I think nCrocs are modernistic. They lack any unnecessart embellishments at all. Form entirely follows function.

Of course, for me the most important consideration in choosing a pair of shoes is whether they are easy to remove at the door, which Crocs certainly are!

5 comments:

Moderate Mouse said...

Personally, I'm not wowed by how they look, but each to his/her own, no?

Celestial Fundie said...

I suppose so.

Rita Martinez said...

I love my crocs! they are easy to take off and comfy as well, who cares if they don't look stylish! plus I can better withstand a 24 shift walking up and down the hospital in a pair of crocs than with any other regular tennis shoes or flats...

Celestial Fundie said...

Do your crocs have the holes on top? The nurses at the accident and emergency I work at are not allowed to wear those.

The crocs I wear have the holes, but I am not a normal hospital worker, so I can get away with that.

Strangely, some wards at my hospital allow crocs (without holes on top) but others do not.

Apparently there is a rule that the nurses have to see an occupational therapist before they can wear crocs to ensure they have no back problems.

God Bless

Matthew

Rita Martinez said...

yeah mine are the ones with the all the holes, we're allowed to wear 'em here, but they truly are not very recommendable...I've had quite a few "accidents" when cleaning patient's feet ulcers...