Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do Heavy Metal fans remove their shoes at the door? A Global Perspective

Against

- Heavy Metal music originated in the UK where removing shoes is not the norm.
- Heavy Metal is most popular in South America where people don't normally remove their shoes in homes.

For

- Some of the best ever Heavy Metal bands come from Scandinavia where removing shoes is definitely the norm.
- Heavy Metal also has a big following in Eastern Europe and South East Asia where people always take off their shoes in homes.
- This Heavy Metal fan certainly does!

2 comments:

Benign said...

all hail to NWOBHM! fortunately bro, metal fans in Malaysia do not wear shoes in their houses.

thanks for visiting my blog. do you have any experience with heavy metal scene from the south east Asia?

would really love to hear your comments and thoughts.

Celestial Fundie said...

Thanks for dropping in, metal comrade.

"fortunately bro, metal fans in Malaysia do not wear shoes in their houses."

Very glad to hear it.

"do you have any experience with heavy metal scene from the south east Asia?"

I think I have seen a few videos of south-east Asian acts, but I am not really familiar with the scene.

I would love to gain a greter familiarity with the non-European metal scene.

My non-metal friends are amazed enough at the fact I listen to bands from Ukraine.