Saturday, March 13, 2010

Irrelevant News

This is not really relevant to removing shoes, but for your information, I have now passed my PhD course.

In telling you that I have done a PhD, I am not making any claim to expertise on the subject of etiquette, health, environmental science or anything related to removing shoes in homes. My PhD is in historical theology and has nothing to do with the subject of this blog.

This blog is not a scholarly journal. It happens to be written by a person who has done a PhD, but it could just as easily have been written by an high school drop-out. This blog is my hobby. While I hope you will find the information useful and informative, it is also meant to be fun.

7 comments:

Bob said...

Congradulations on obtaining your PHD..Doctor Matthew!

Sandro said...

Congratulations!

Celestial Fundy said...

Thanks, people.

richyrich said...

Congratulations. Well done!

Celestial Fundy said...

Thanks, Rich.

Moderate Mouse said...

First off, congratulations on the PhD. (Just out of curiosity do you have any big plans for what you'll "do" with it? Even if you don't or you're not sure yet, that's okay.)

Second, I can relate to the whole thing about the connection, or lack thereof, between one's blogging and one's educational level. I've had my Bachelor's in English for a little over a year. (I'm the second-born grandchild on my dad's side of the family and the third-born one on my mom's side, but the first grandchild on either side to graduate college. I'm also the youngest of two daughters and the first female in my immediate family to finish collge, but I digress.) However, my blogging isn't necessarily meant to be scholarly or anything like that. The content of my first blog "RAB-PIA (Read A Book, Pass It Along)" could've been written by anyone of any academic level. The same could be said of my newest blog, "On The Road To The Rest Of My Life," (which has had a belated beginnng) were it not for the fact that it's about what I've been up to since college (though it could've also been about life after high school or something).

Again, congrats on the PhD, and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do now.

Celestial Fundy said...

Thankyou for your sentiments.