Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Green Beans: Baby Steps to Cleaner, Greener Living: Week 2 Take Off Your Shoes

Green Beans: Baby Steps to Cleaner, Greener Living: Week 2 Take Off Your Shoes

'Stop right there!! Don’t take another step!! Go back to the door and take off your shoes!! Phew. That’s better.

Geez, I almost passed out there. Don’t you know what you’ve been tracking into your home? Besides regular dirt and grit that can scratch up and eat away at your flooring, there’s dust, mold, microbes, feces, chemicals, viruses, and general “EWE” (that’s the unidentified gunk that scientists have not yet determined to actually exist, but I know is there!) Even worse, that toxic germy soup settles into your carpets and corners just waiting for you to kick it up and breathe it in. Yum!'

3 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Love that I found your blog! My husband is from Albania and I just wrote a post about taking shoes off at our house, family and guests alike. And still some people just don't get it.

I'm torn between making them uncomfortable and them just being downright rude by not complying with the rules of my house.

Anyway, I'm off to read more of what you've written. Thanks!

Celestial Fundy said...

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment.

Most people will not be uncomfortable with being politely asked to remove their shoes.

I knew a couple who were missionaries in Albania, so I am well aware it's the custom there.

Sandro said...

Hi Sara,
I'm sure your home has warm and clean floor, maybe with nice rugs/carpets on. I think it's totally inappropriate and uncomfortable to stay in shoes on such floor.