Sunday, July 05, 2015

MyRealityTimes: UNDERSTANDING A SELLER’S ‘NO SHOES ALLOWED’ RULE

MyRealityTimes: UNDERSTANDING A SELLER’S ‘NO SHOES ALLOWED’ RULE


'Certainly this has always been a topic of conversation in my house. In my family, we were raised to remove our shoes at the doorway and I have continued that practice in my own home. Most members of my extended family practiced the same behavior. Those that did not generally had little to no issue with being asked to remove their shoes at the door. There were a select few that took exception with this practice and those were not looked upon favorably.

For those of us that practice the removing of shoes in the home we probably give it little thought until that one person steps into our home and either reluctantly removes their shoes or begrudgingly does so with a myriad of questions or complaints. In my experience, the removing of shoes often seems to be more of an issue for the cable service person or other repair technicians than friends or family, but there are still others that unnecessarily and unreasonably take exception with the practice.'

2 comments:

rachelle burkhalter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

"One of my favorite explanations of why a family lived shoeless inside the home was; and I hadn’t considered this one myself but believe it to be true, to create a more relaxed atmosphere in the house."

No argument here. There is no better feeling than that of ditching the shoes after a long day at work.