Saturday, November 21, 2015

Guardian: Should slippers shuffle off this mortal coil?

Guardian: Should slippers shuffle off this mortal coil?

Apparently sales of slippers have declined massively. People do not wear them very much nowadays (this is not necessarily my experience- I've seen a fair few people wearing slippers recently). Two Guardian journalists discuss whether this is a good or bad thing. Interestingly, they don't touch on wearing shoes in the house; they assume that people not wearing slippers will be in socks or bare feet.

I would have have expected slipper sales to have picked up a bit with all the East Europeans in the country, but maybe they too are starting to prefer socks or bare feet to slippers.

4 comments:

Paul said...

I prefer slippers at home (except when I am entertaining, when I change into shoes) and shoes when visiting others.

Mark said...

Same here Paul. in my part of the world esp at this time of the world you couldn;t survive without slippers

Ian said...

Slippers are for old people.

Ian said...

Slippers are for old people.