Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Comment from Candace

"Don't know if this subject has been mentioned before and if so I apologize for repeating it. Earlier today I went to visit a friend who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer. Her prognosis is excellent and the doctors are just being vigilant.
Her husband works so there is a health care worker who stays with her during the day. As you know I generally take off my shoes when entering a home and hers is no exception. When I arrived and removed my shoes the health care worker was surprised and thanked me. She went on to explain how the immune system is compromised by chemo
and how germs carried in on ones shoes can be especial harmful to such a patient.
So if you ever visit the home of someone on chemo be considerate of their health and remove your shoes or just don't visit."

2 comments:

Elain Smith said...

was the worker also in her stockinged feet?....just wondering but that is a very good idea as you know us Canucks always remove our shoes when we go anywhere lol.....

Candace said...

No she wasn't, she had changed into a pair of soft soled house shoes