Sunday, May 08, 2016

Lil'Luna: Please Remove Your Shoes Print

Lil'Luna: Please Remove Your Shoes Print

Growing up, we never really got in the habit of taking our shoes off when we came in from outside. Moving to Texas, we realized EVERYONE takes their shoes off to come inside. After all the rain and mud I saw here in Houston, I understood the reasoning for this better. In fact, I have one night we had been invited to a friends house. As we were driving over there I was painting my toe nails and my husband asked what I was doing. I told him I wanted to make sure my toes looked cute since I knew we’d have to take off our shoes. He had forgotten this (since we were still pretty new to Texas) and went on to tell me that he happened to be wearing the pair of socks that had the most amount of holes! We laughed, and I reminded him we were no longer in AZ. LOL!

Another person who says removing shoes in homes is common in Texas, contrary to the common view that nobody in Texas takes their shoes off. Most of the shoe-removing Texans seem to be in Houston, which is of course, a very modern and diverse city.

6 comments:

Bob said...

My wife never painted her toes while on our way to visit someone but I do recall one time when she had me stop at a drug store so she could by an inexpensive pair of knit slippers to put on. She had cut her foot and did not want to go shoeless for fear of aggravating the injury.

Matthew Celestine said...

Would the people you were visiting have minded if your wife had kept her shoes on?

Bob said...

I don't think that it ever crossed her mind to consider it as she always removed her shoes at their home

Matthew Celestine said...

Would you say the majority of your friends prefer shoes off?

Bob said...

Most of my wife's friends do. As for friends we see jointly I would say that it is 60/40 in favor of shoes off. However my wife tends to remove hers 90% of the time as do some of the other women.

Neil said...

Bob - Did men also remove their shoes, or was it mostly women ?