Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Wall Street Journal: Delivery Service Brings Groceries to Your Fridge When You’re Away

Wall Street Journal: Delivery Service Brings Groceries to Your Fridge When You’re Away

STOCKHOLM—In Sweden, groceries and fresh food can be delivered in your absence and directly to where they belong: your kitchen and fridge.

A Scandinavian courier company, PostNord AB, and supermarket chain, ICA AB, are testing the new service with about 20 households in the Swedish capital, promising that messengers will remove their shoes and unpack online deliveries, even when customers are away.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I see no need to remove their shoes.

Rob said...

Paul. If they'd trodden in something unpleasant I think you'd be glad if they did remove their shoes!

Elain Smith said...

Seems logical to me, I know when I was in the industry it was also required and we a comment section at the bottom of our bills and we were told to have the customer add a note that we did work instockinged feet as requested. this was for head office.no one seemed to mind adding the note and we were often thanked for removing our shoes upon arrival as it would be considered very rude not to do so in a customers house, and as a foot note excuse the pun when I had a cleaning lady I required her to also work in her stockinged feet while in my house she also understood the reasoning and had no problen doing so.