Monday, May 29, 2017

Election Time Again

It's election time again after our prime minister decided to U-turn and call an early election. I was out delivering leaflets for the Conservatives once again. And once again, I saw another house with a 'shoes-off' sign. This one had the familiar message "Since little hands touch the floor, please remove your shoes at the door."

That's a total of seven shoes-off signs in houses in Stevenage that I have counted, not including my own. Clearly people in Stevenage are getting the message and like to keep their homes clean.

Stevenage is quite a working-class town, so this fits with what I said recently about upper-working class people favouring shoes-off, that is, skilled manual workers and trades people. They are probably more likely to ask for shoes-off than posher middle-class people.

No comments: